Saturday, April 19, 2014

Breast is best, for us.

I usually don't talk about this stuff because I feel like it's personal and know not everyone is comfortable with it, but today I realized I'm pretty much a beast.

As April is drawing to a close I'm seeing all my fellow October mommies post about their 6 month breastfeeding milestones and how awesome it is. I didn't get that opportunity due to Levi's struggles, and once we were finally allowed to nurse again he was no longer interested.

But even through him being on formula I've continued pumping, and that takes a lot out of a person. There is no convenience, and no killing two birds with one stone. I'm attached to my machine every 3 or so hours, so not lose my supply. Yet I'm still doing it. I've had to throw out and donate well over 600 ounces due to allergies and such. Yet I've still continued. I've given up dairy and soy for 5 months plus wheat, eggs, nuts, tree nuts, fish and shellfish for 4 months. Yet I'm still going.

Am I crazy? Maybe. But I'm a mom who is willing to do anything to keep her baby healthy. And while I may not have exclusively breastfed for 6 months,  I've been been an exclusively pumping for 5 and I'd say that's pretty damn awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment