Saturday, October 6, 2012

No Place Like Home

It feels so good to be back in Washington and in the swing of things after a very eventful Ohio vacation. Two deaths, two weddings (receptions), and a baby all in a two week span. Even though it was a well needed break, I'm so happy to be back to our daily schedule. Wake up, take hubby to work, back to sleep, go to work, pick up hubby, dinner and then bed. It doesn't leave much down time but it's our perfect little routine.

While vacations should be exciting and fun I also find them incredibly stressful. You take time off work resulting in a loss of pay, you spend hours packing just to realize you forgot something important, and from this far you have to fly.. I hate flying. Then, once you arrive, everybody that never contacted you to make plans expects you to make time when it's convenient for them completely careless of whether or not you have already committed to something else. And when you say you can't, you're the bad guy. When we come home only once or twice a year, I don't think it's too much to ask to make some time for us. Then again, it really helps to clarify who your real friends are.

All of that being said, I absolutely LOVE seeing my family and how much everyone has grown. It's sad to be apart for so long but amazing to see everyone and how they are doing. My little sister had her 16th birthday while we were home, and one of my older brothers got married! How awesome to be able to share these events with the ones you love.

October brings a lot to the table for us, but I say bring it on. We will be celebrating two years of marriage and six years of being together this month. We both have birthdays, and we are desperately hoping for those two little lines to appear. Along the way we have family members with anniversaries and birthdays to remember. Not to mention reenlistment and finding out where to next! I can't wait for our next adventure together, because as long as we're together I know we'll be okay. As for home? Home is where my husband is.

No comments:

Post a Comment