Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bittersweet Moments

One of the hardest parts of being so far away from home are the holidays we have to spend alone. Sure we're together, but it would mean so much more if we could be with our families. As Easter comes up, we're going to be spending it with some good friends of ours, we actually spent Thanksgiving with them as well. All the same, being home would just be ideal for these days.

On another note, a new addition to my side of the family made her appearance on April 15th, 2011. Sophia Yvvone is my new niece, one of 5 nieces and nephews I have, and I won't get to meet her until June 2nd. I was just starting to get close with her older brother before we left, thinking I had a chance for one of them to actually know who I was. Pictures really just don't do them justice, these are the years you don't get back, and a picture isn't the laughter I'm missing out on.

We can't have this be all negativity, so let me just say.. Washington, keep the sunshine please! I've really enjoyed it the past week and can't say as if I've ever been happier for a sun burn in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment